Abram’s ‘eisegesis’ of Ponty’s meditation on the phenomenology of language produced by the ‘text’ of the world reminds me of David Hume’s philosophical meditations on impressions and causality. Both focus on perception and the ways external stimuli influence internal modalities of thought. What’s more intriguing is the “flesh” Abram’s gives earth. He’s diction is very religious and it appears to be focusing on the world as a huge organism that we obtain all perception from. And from a techno-critical lens, the world and human beings become interlinked to form one gestalt being. I think his work sounds like this because of the relationships he is drawing from the spirituality of indigenous people. Abram’s writes, “The diversity of my sensory systems, and their spontaneous convergence in the things that I encounter, ensures this interpenetration or interweaving between my body and other bodies – this magical participation that permits me, at times, to feel what others feel.” Not only does this quote represent the interlinking with the universe, but also the potential of language and it’s affects on all senses, not only the eyes that read the words or symbols on the page. But the answer to this phenomenon in my opinion is simple, in a sense. The reason why language has such an affect is because language is an expression of thought and thought elicits the senses by sending different information from our minds. So, of course language will spark thought to then spark taste, or feelings, etc. Nonetheless, this piece was very interesting and the line of thought worth exploring.